General Terms and Conditions
Please take some time to read the following terms and conditions of our services. Confirming a booking with ENSI believes that you have read, fully understand and accept the terms and conditions described below.
If you have any questions, please let us know
- ENSI safaris. Provides 4×4 WD ground transportation, accommodation and bookings, birding safaris, wildlife safaris, Cultural safaris, mountain climbing, meals, excursions, other services and products in cooperation with independent suppliers
- All information given in the itinerary to our clients is to the best of ENSI’s knowledge and based on the latest information available. ENSI safaris cannot be liable for modified information from third parties after the moment of sending, nor for any obvious typing errors.
- To reserve gorilla permits we need your full names as they appear in passport, your nationality, passport number and a photocopy of your passport.
- Upon confirmation of the safari, the client must inform ENSI safaris of any preferences and special requests of the participants; e.g. medical needs, diet, requirements relating to disabilities and any other requirements. ENSI safaris will meet the requests if possible.
- All packages are subject to availability and not guaranteed until confirmed. Many accommodations offered by ENSI safaris have limited capacity and therefore it is essential to make reservations well in advance.
- In the event that you wish to amend your reservation in any way, ENSI safaris will verify the level of realization of the preferred adjustment and confirm accordingly. An ENSI safari reserves the right to charge an amendment fee to conform to the actual costs, which will be added to the total invoice.
- ENSI safaris reserves the right to change and re-adjust the tour schedule, transportation, accommodation and services indicated in the itinerary in the event of unforeseen circumstances before arrival.
- The prices quoted for the various safaris are as per the itinerary and include the following services, unless stated differently: overnight in hotels, guesthouses, tents or lodges, meals as indicated, sightseeing as noted in the itinerary, park entrance fees and ranger fees, airport transfers where applicable, professional field-guides, ground transportation, fuel, ferry crossings at Murchison falls Nat park, launch trips, English speaking driver/guides and bottled mineral water in the vehicle.
- Expenses that are not covered: international and domestic air fares, visa and passports, drinks other than the mineral water provided in the vehicle, tips and gratuities for the guides, laundry, travel insurance and other items of personal nature.
- Prices on the website or quoted to our clients are subject to change without notice and are not guaranteed until confirmed.
- ENSI reserves the right to adjust the price at any time should there be any fluctuation in the exchange rate or increase in the cost of any proportion of the tour, though the company will make every effort to minimize the increase.
- No guarantees can be given to see all wildlife as it is a privilege to see animals in their natural habitat. You must take caution when viewing the wild animals and follow up the instructions given by either the tour guides or rangers.
- A Mountain gorilla or chimpanzee permit guarantees clients to track the primates in question to their location but does not guarantee that the animals will be in plain sight.
- Accommodation is based on a twin or double bedded room, a single large bed, tent or banda, with private bathroom where possible (when not, clients will be informed before booking). Single rooms are usually available with the payment of a supplement fee but cannot always be guaranteed.
- ENSI safari reserves the right to substitute equivalent or superior hotels. If a hotel of equivalent standard is not available ENSI safari may substitute the next best quality hotel or suggest a superior at an extra charge.
- The mode of transport utilized will be dependent on the number of clients and the route taken based on the specifications of the chosen itinerary. Every effort is made to ensure that 4x4WD safari vehicles are provided in a roadworthy condition but no liability can be accepted for a puncture, breakdown, damage, or any delay as a result of the poor road conditions.
- Experienced English speaking driver/guides are provided (French, Portuguese or other languages on request), who will be the only persons allowed to drive the vehicles of ENSI safaris. The driver’s decision on all matters, such as the route taken, is final.
- ENSI safari reserves the right to alter any route or arrangement, to cancel the operation of any scheduled tour or vary the safari services in any way in the event of unforeseen circumstances, such as road closures, bad weather, problems with national parks or hotels and security considerations. In such cases alternative arrangements will be made as circumstances permit.
- The right will be retained to refuse any person from participating or continuing any tour if, in ENSI safari’s opinion or in the opinion of any other person in authority, the person concerned behaves in such a way to cause or be likely to cause danger, hazard or inconvenience to any third party, damage to property or to environments and ecosystems. No refunds will be made and ENSI safaris shall not be liable for expenses incurred as a result of the termination.
- ENSI safari has the right to employ subcontractors to carry out all or part of the services agreed to be supplied.
- All tours will be booked and confirmed only after receiving a 40% deposit of the basic program rate. In case of gorilla permits a full advance payment of the permit fee is required.
- The balance is paid on the day of arrival for your safari, unless agreed differently. And all payments must be in USD, British Pounds or EURO currencies
- Bookings made within 31 days before arrival must be fully paid at the time of confirmation.
- If payment is not received in accordance with the above, ENSI has the right to cancel the booking or otherwise.
- Payment can be made by bank transfer or received in cash, in any way before the start of the safari. Travelers’ cheques are not accepted.
- The international transaction fee is paid by the client.
CANCELLATION & REFUND
Cancellation requests can be made in writing and shall be effective on the date of actual receipt by ENSI safaris.
The following cancellation charges apply to the basic rate:
- 90 days or more prior to arrival – 30% charge.
- 60-31 days prior to arrival – 55% charge.
- 31-15 days prior to arrival – 85% charge.
- 7 – 4 days prior to arrival 90% charge.
- 48 hours prior to arrival 100% charge.
ENSI safari reserves the right to deduct all expenses incurred from money paid.
Gorilla permits and Chimpanzee permits are 100% non-refundable.
No refunds will be made for any unused services, late arrival or no-show of any of the members of the tour.
- ENSI safaris shall try to ensure that the company exceeds the expectations in every area of the tour arrangements. However, suggestions are very much appreciated in order to keep improving the quality of the service.
- Complaints must be reported immediately to the ENSI safari representatives and to the suppliers of the service in question, who will do their best to resolve the matter. If the problem is not solved to the client’s satisfaction the complaint should be reported in written form and not later than 20 days after completion of the tour.
- Liability for any complaints not notified in accordance with the above described procedure cannot be accepted.
- ENSI safaris will make every effort to ensure that all arrangements and services connected to the safari will be carried out as specified in the most efficient and effective way possible. However, the company does not have direct control of the provision of services by suppliers and, whilst every supplier is chosen with the utmost care, ENSI safaris does not accept liability for errors or omissions of such suppliers.
- ENSI safaris shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature whatsoever whether to person or property.
- Whilst every care is taken, ENSI safaris cannot be held responsible for the direct or indirect costs of loss or damage to baggage or personal possessions.
- ENSI safaris cannot accept liability or pay compensation for unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of the company or its staff, including flight delays/cancellations or “force majeure” such as war or threat of war, riots, civil disturbances, terrorist acts, border closure, acts of government or other authorities, strikes, thefts, epidemics, road closures, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, extreme weather conditions, fire, technical and/or mechanical problems to transport and all similar events beyond the company’s control.
- It is the responsibility of the travel agency/wholesaler to ensure that all members of the tour have the appropriate passports, visas, travel permits, health certificates and other documentation required for the safari.
- Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda and Burundi are East African countries therefore ENSI safaris encourages you acquire an East African Visa if you are visiting more than one country within East Africa. But note that the East African visa excludes Tanzania. If you are intending to visit one country you can get a visa for that specific country in East Africa.
- It is the responsibility of the clients to take proper medical and practical precautions in regard to health and safety. Medical advice should be sought well before travelling.
- Clients are strongly advised to obtain comprehensive travel insurance before coming to Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania and Rwanda. Local evacuation coverage is available in the unlikely event of a medical emergency while out on safari with ENSI.
- The respective laws of the country govern ENSI safari liability to passengers carried in its own safari vehicles. All claims are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the country in which the cause of action arises.
- Gorilla permits fees are NON-Refundable